Refresh and revive for a healthy smile
Our findings have shown that patients who see the dentist for examinations every 6 months and the hygienist every three months have the healthiest gums and teeth and require the least dental treatment over the years due to decay, gum issues and broken teeth.
Whether you are seeking dental implants, orthodontics, or cosmetic dentistry, it is very likely that your treatment programme will integrate closely with an assessment of your oral health.
Our highly skilled hygienists will work with you to;
- Design an individual hygiene treatment plan to make sure you can enjoy optimum oral health.
- Provide treatments customised to meet the differing requirements of children, teenagers, adults, the elderly and those with medical conditions.
- Perform professional cleanings, removing plaque and tartar, even below the gum line. This is crucial for the prevention or treatment of gum disease.
- Preventive care experts providing education and advice on the methods and benefits of excellent dental care.
- Application of fluorides and sealants to help prevent caries (decay).
Book your hygienists appointment today.
Call now to book
01474 537 191
Our hygiene and therapy team are a great source of information. They can provide training on the correct way to brush your teeth, how to floss effectively, how to use interdental cleaners, toothbrush care, hygiene aids that may be helpful, how much and what type of toothpaste to use, and much more!
Our new platinum membership plan now covers all this care for one easy monthly fee of £32/month and also includes worldwide accident and emergency cover along with a 10% reduction towards dental treatments. Learn more
Private hygiene appointment – What the hygienist will do:
- Demonstrate the most effective tooth brushing techniques to help with plaque control.
- Demonstrate how to clean in between the teeth (using different products) to help reduce the chance of gum disease and tooth decay.
- Remove tartar (hard deposits built up) from below the gum line to reduce the chance of gum disease.
- Gives advice (using the right mouthwash and toothpaste) to help reduce the chance of tooth decay, gum inflammation and dental sensitivity.
- Measure and record gum reading/ health to maintain better oral health.
- Removed mild dental staining.
- Carry out full mouth stain removal with air polisher (at additional cost).
- Advise on how to reduce bad breath (halitosis).
- Diet advice.
- Oral cancer screening.
- Advice on teeth whitening products.
- Fissure sealant, if needed (a layer of a fine fluoride based coating to cover occlusal surface of teeth to stop or reduce the chance of tooth decay) at additional cost.
Dental hygienist reviews