A dental implant is a metal fixture (usually a screw) that is placed into the jaw bone. It acts as a support for a false tooth or a set of false teeth. The fixture fuses with the jaw bone (osseointegration). Implants are made of commercially and medically pure Titanium. This is the same metal that has been successfully used in hip replacements for many years. It is inert and is not known to cause any type of rejection phenomenon. Dental implants provide a number of benefits for people seeking alternatives and solutions to the problems created by tooth loss.
These benefits include:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favourite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Single tooth Implant
If you think Implants could be the answer to your problem call us on 01474 537191 or find out some more information here https://www.parrockdental.co.uk/dental-implants-kent-gravesend/#top