Frequently Asked Questions about Dental Implant in Kent
Our Parrock Street Surgery places many dental implants each year as this treatment is highly successful, and is increasingly popular. However many people are still unsure about the whole process, and not surprisingly often have a lot of questions. These questions can include:
- Is the treatment painful? Implant placement can create some discomfort, but most people are able to manage this with over-the-counter painkillers. This discomfort should soon subside, especially if you only have one or two implants. If you find you are in more pain then we may be able to prescribe you something stronger. This may be necessary if you had a bone graft, or if you had multiple implants placed at the same time.
- How long should dental implants last? Dental implant in Kent should last many years, or they may even last for your lifetime. But they do need great daily dental care, and it is important to visit Dr Rik Trivedi at regular intervals for check-ups and professional cleanings.
- Can anyone have dental implants? Most people will be suitable for dental implants, but they may not be the right choice for everyone. You do need to be in reasonable health, and you do need to have good oral health.
- How many teeth can I replace with dental implants? Dental implants can be used to replace just a single tooth, or can be used to restore a mouth that does not have any natural teeth remaining.
- I’ve heard dental implants can be fitted to dentures, is this right? Yes it is. Dental implants can be used to hold dentures firmly in place, and this can be a very economical way of getting teeth that are completely stable in the mouth.
- Will I be left without teeth after implant surgery? Our surgery in Gravesend will not leave you without a smile, as you will be given temporary teeth to wear until the implants have healed.
Most people will be suitable for dental implants, and this treatment doesn’t have to cost a fortune. A complete upper or lower denture can be stabilised with just a few implants, and this can make a huge difference.
If you have one or more missing teeth, and are interested in replacing them in the most permanent and natural way possible, then why not contact our Parrock Street surgery to find out more? You can book your consultation over the phone, on 01474 537191, or you can drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org
Read The Reviews
EXCELLENT 4.9 Average 250 Reviews
“I came to see Rik as I was really unhappy with my smile, I was missing teeth and also had broken teeth which was really affecting my chewing and confidence. I had dental implant treatment and would really recommend
“ The work I’ve had done has literally changed my life. I used to be very nervous but I love coming here. It was very comfortable and easy treatment coming from someone like me who was a phobic. Thank- you Rik and the team at Parrock Dental ”
I came to see Rik to have dental implants, I also needed a bone graft procedure all of which I was very nervous about. Rik was very sincere. I had a bone graft, dental implants and veneers. I am 100% happy with the result and would sincerely recommend Rik to everyone!
“I came here as my son recommended Parrock Dental, and my teeth were badly worn at the front and I needed dental implants at the rear to replace missing teeth. Overall I’ve been very please, it’s given me a lot more confidence with my smile, and chewing is now really good.”