Patient JourneyCOVID-19 & Safety - please read below
COVID-19 & your safety
New policies in place during COVID-19
Our top priority has always been the wellbeing and safety of our patients and staff. Some new policies introduced include the following:
BEFORE YOU ATTEND YOUR PRE-BOOKED APPOINTMENT;
1. Answer the COVID questionnaire and medical history form online on our website when asked to do so by the care team when booking your appointment and submit it ASAP and at least 2 days before your appointment.
Make sure you are healthy and suitable to attend for your appointment. We cannot see anyone who is COVID positive or has symptoms of the Coronavirus for the safety of our other patients and team members. You can be seen by an Urgent dental care hub.
AT YOUR APPOINTMENT:
1. Please wear a mask or face covering for safety at all times until you are seen by the dentists and sit in the dental chair. This is essential to be seen at our practice for safety.
2. Please pay in advance for your treatment over the phone or online on our website where possible and note that ONLY card payments will be taken at the practice NO cash will be accepted for safety.
3. Please bring your own biro pen to fill out any paperwork and please bring your phone or a tablet/iPad to fill out any online forms on the day if required such as consent forms for treatment to be done.
4. Do not come too early for your appointment. Please stand outside the practice or in your car and we will call you for your appointment when we are ready. This is to maintain social distancing.
Please come alone ( unless the patient is a child in which case only 1 parent may attend) and avoid bringing any bags and coats and valuables as they must all be left outside the surgery when seeing the dentist.
When you enter the practice a team member will take your temperature with a contactless thermometer and ask you some COVID safety questions again.
5. For certian procedures the dentist and team will be wearing advanced personal protective equipment (PPE) and this can look strange and also it may be difficult to talk or hear the dentist. Please bear with us as we aim to provide your dental care with the highest levels of safety and care in mind.
Thank you for taking the time to read this notice. We want to offer you the highest levels of safety and care and your help with following this information is greatly appreciated.
The Parrock Dental team ❤️🙏
For your safety we have invested in the following
- Ventilation in the surgeries and all around the practice to reduce aerosols in the surgery
- Air conditioning through the practices to reduce aerosols in the surgery
- Vac stations to reduce aerosols in the surgery
- Defogging machines used all over the practice to kill all airborne and surfaces of any bacteria and viruses instantly
- Air purifiers to reduce aerosols in the surgery and improve air quality.
- Advanced PPE EQUIPMENT including respirator masks, gowns, visors and eye protection.
Existing Patients ONLY
It is necessary for all patients visiting Parrock Dental to complete our secure and confidential COVID-19 Questionnaire before their first appointment.
Medical History Form
It is necessary for all patients visiting Parrock Dental to complete our secure and confidential Medical History and COVID-19 Questionnaire before their first appointment.
Only complete the forms you have been asked to complete by Parrock Dental
Book your appointment in advance
Our books will fill up more quickly than usual because we have had to put in additional steps before every appointment; this is to protect both patients and staff.
Book & pay in advance – Avoid Delays & Save
Free WhatsApp Video ConsultationInvisalign Braces E-consultation
We are always happy to discuss your needs and goals, so please contact our reception staff to arrange a consultation.